Dr. Michael L. Thornton is a fellowship-trained, double board certified Cosmetic Surgeon and Diplomate of the American Board of Cosmetic Surgery providing you with an advanced array of surgical procedures in facial cosmetic surgery, cosmetic breast surgery, body contouring surgery and liposuction, post-bariatric after weight loss surgery, and non-surgical aesthetic skin rejuvenation from our medical spa. Dr. Thornton has been featured cosmetic surgeon on the television program, Best Docs Network in Dallas Fort Worth.
After growing up in Frisco, Texas, Dr. Thornton received his premedical Bachelor’s degree from Baylor University and received his Medical degree from the UNT Health Science Center in Fort Worth. He completed a comprehensive five-year residency in General Surgery through Michigan State University affiliated hospitals at McLaren Macomb Medical Center in Mount Clemens, Michigan, and furthermore completed a one-year fellowship in Surgical Critical Care and Trauma Surgery at internationally recognized R Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center at the University of Maryland Medical Center in Baltimore, where he acquired extensive knowledge in the management and reconstruction of complex traumatic injuries.
Following a life-long creative passion, Dr. Thornton furthered his surgical expertise by completing an additional, one-year advanced fellowship in Cosmetic Surgery, accredited and recognized by the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery, where he gained concentrated knowledge in all major areas of aesthetic and cosmetic plastic surgery including facial plastic surgery, rhinoplasty, cosmetic breast surgery, liposuction, body contouring surgery, non-surgical aesthetics, skin care rejuvenation, and cosmetic laser medicine.
Dr. Thornton is a double board certified cosmetic surgeon and Diplomate of the American Board of Cosmetic Surgery (ABCS), which is the only written and oral American certifying board that tests patient safety, general knowledge, and surgical experience exclusively in the field of Cosmetic Surgery, and he is currently serving his forth term as an oral board examiner for the ABCS. In addition, he is board certified by the American Osteopathic Board of Surgery in both General Surgery and Surgical Critical Care / Trauma Surgery.
Because of Dr. Thornton’s surgical dedication, he has been bestowed esteemed honors as Fellow in the American College of Osteopathic Surgeons (FACOS), Fellow in the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery (FAACS), and Associate Fellow in the American College of Surgeons. In addition, he has 15-years of combined surgical training and operative experience and has been named “Top Doc” in Fort Worth, Texas Magazine, in the specialty of Cosmetic Surgery.
In addition to the practice of cosmetic surgery, Dr. Thornton continues to perform complex abdominal hernia repair as well as performing minimally invasive laparoscopic surgery and various general surgery procedures his patients may encounter. Dr. Thornton performs surgery at Methodist Mansfield Medical Center, Baylor Surgicare at Mansfield, Medical Center of Arlington and Baylor All Saints Medical Center in Fort Worth. He currently serves as the President of the Texas Cosmetic Surgical Society (TCSS) and Chief of the General Surgery Section of the Department of Surgery at Methodist Mansfield Medical Center.
Patient safety comes first!
We realize that patient safety while undergoing surgery is of utmost importance. Therefore, all cosmetic surgery procedures requiring general anesthesia are performed at Baylor Surgicare at Mansfield, a JCAHO (Joint Commission) accredited and AAAHC certified out-patient surgical center, located a few miles from our office. Furthermore, all surgeries are monitored by board-certified anesthesiologists and anesthesia providers. In addition, Dr. Thornton has full cosmetic plastic surgery privileges at Medical Center of Arlington to better serve his Arlington clients or in the event your procedure may require an over-night hospital stay. However, minor cosmetic surgery procedures requiring local anesthesia may be performed in our own private procedure room.
Dr. Thornton is a talented and compassionate cosmetic surgeon and his philosophy is for you to achieve a natural and imperceptible result that focuses on your specific goals, while carefully attempting to minimize any scars. He believes your cosmetic surgery is only successful when you are happy and pleased!
Choosing your Cosmetic Surgeon
Education & Surgical Training
- B.A., Baylor University, Waco, TX
- D.O., University of North Texas Health Science Center, Ft. Worth, TX
- Residency: General Surgery – Michigan State University Affiliated Hospitals; McLaren Macomb Medical Center, Mount Clemens, MI
- Fellowship: Surgical Critical Care / Trauma Surgery – R Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center at the University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD
- Fellowship: General Cosmetic Surgery – Accredited 12-month fellowship program by the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery – English Plastic & Cosmetic Surgery Center, Little Rock, AR, 2007 – 2008.
- Cosmetic Surgery: ABCS – American Board of Cosmetic Surgery
- General Surgery: AOBS – American Osteopathic Board of Surgery
- Surgical Critical Care / Trauma : AOBS – American Osteopathic Board of Surgery CAQ
- Fellow of the American College of Osteopathic Surgeons (FACOS)
- Fellow of the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery (FAACS)
- Associate Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
- Texas Cosmetic Surgical Society (TCSS) – President, 2014
- American Board of Cosmetic Surgery – Oral Board Examiner
- Texas Medical Association (TMA)
- Tarrant County Medical Society (TCMS)
Hospital Affiliations / Surgical Privileges
- Methodist Mansfield Medical Center, Current Chief – General Surgery Section of the Department of Surgery
- Baylor Surgicare at Mansfield
- Medical Center of Arlington
- Baylor All Saints Medical Center at Fort Worth