Dr. Michael L. Thornton is a fellowship-trained, dual board certified Cosmetic Surgeon and Diplomate of the American Board of Cosmetic Surgery providing you with an advanced array of surgical procedures in facial cosmetic surgery, cosmetic breast surgery, body contouring surgery and liposuction, post-bariatric after weight loss surgery, and non-surgical aesthetic skin rejuvenation from our medical spa. Dr. Thornton is also a featured cosmetic surgeon on the television program, Best Docs Network in Dallas Fort Worth.
Growing up in Texas, Dr. Thornton received his premedical Bachelor’s degree from Baylor University and received his Medical degree from the UNT Health Science Center in Fort Worth. He completed his comprehensive five-year general surgery residency through Michigan State University affiliated hospitals at McLaren Macomb Medical Center in Mount Clemens, MI, and completed an additional one-year fellowship in Surgical Critical Care and Trauma Surgery at internationally recognized R Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center at the University of Maryland Medical Center in Baltimore, where he acquired extensive knowledge in the management and reconstruction of complex traumatic injuries.
Following a life-long creative passion, Dr. Thornton furthered his surgical expertise by completing an additional, 12-month advanced fellowship in cosmetic surgery, accredited and recognized by the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery, where he gained concentrated knowledge in all major areas of cosmetic surgery including facial plastic surgery, rhinoplasty, cosmetic breast surgery, liposuction, body contouring surgery, non-surgical aesthetics, skin care rejuvenation, and cosmetic laser medicine.
Dr. Thornton is a dual board certified cosmetic surgeon and Diplomate of the American Board of Cosmetic Surgery (ABCS), which is the only written and oral American certifying board that exclusively tests patient safety, general knowledge, and surgical experience in the field of Cosmetic Surgery, and he is currently serving his third term as an oral board examiner for the ABCS. In addition, he is board certified by the American Osteopathic Board of Surgery in both General Surgery and Surgical Critical Care / Trauma Surgery.
Because of Dr. Thornton’s surgical dedication, he has been bestowed esteemed honors as Fellow in the American College of Osteopathic Surgeons (FACOS), Fellow in the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery (FAACS), and Associate Fellow in the American College of Surgeons (FACS). In addition, he has 15-years of combined surgical training and operative experience and has been named “Top Doc” in Fort Worth, Texas Magazine, in the specialty of Cosmetic Surgery.
In addition to the practice of cosmetic surgery, Dr. Thornton continues to perform complex abdominal hernia repair and abdominal wall reconstruction, as well as performing minimally invasive laparoscopic surgery and various general surgery procedures his patients may encounter. Dr. Thornton has surgical privileges at Methodist Mansfield Medical Center, Baylor Surgicare at Mansfield, Medical Center of Arlington, and Baylor All Saints in Fort Worth.
Dr. Thornton is a talented and compassionate cosmetic surgeon and his philosophy is for you to achieve a natural and imperceptible result that focuses on your specific goals, while carefully attempting to minimize any scars. He believes your cosmetic surgery is only successful when you are happy and pleased!
Choosing your Cosmetic Surgeon
Education & Surgical Training
- B.A., Baylor University, Waco, TX
- D.O., University of North Texas Health Science Center, Ft. Worth, TX
- Residency: General Surgery – Michigan State University Affiliated Hospitals; McLaren Macomb Medical Center, Mount Clemens, MI
- Fellowship: Surgical Critical Care / Trauma Surgery – R Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center at the University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD
- Fellowship: General Cosmetic Surgery – Accredited fellowship program by the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery – English Plastic & Cosmetic Surgery Center, Little Rock, AR
- Cosmetic Surgery: ABCS – American Board of Cosmetic Surgery
- General Surgery: AOBS – American Osteopathic Board of Surgery
- Surgical Critical Care / Trauma : AOBS – American Osteopathic Board of Surgery CAQ
- Fellow of the American College of Osteopathic Surgeons (FACOS)
- Fellow of the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery (FAACS)
- Associate Fellow of the American College of Surgeons (FACS)
- Texas Cosmetic Surgical Society (TCSS) – President, 2014
- American Board of Cosmetic Surgery – Oral Board Examiner
- Texas Medical Association (TMA)
- Tarrant County Medical Society (TCMS)
Hospital Affiliations / Surgical Privileges
- Methodist Mansfield Medical Center
- Baylor Surgicare at Mansfield
- Medical Center of Arlington
- Baylor All Saints Medical Center at Fort Worth